Bleach With No Fear
SCARY WORD TO SOME / BUT IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE
Did you know that bleach is the most used professional product in hair salons.
Having beautifully lightened hair is the perfect fantasy for a lot of people out there. But as soon as we say the word bleach you cower away in fear. That needn’t be the case anymore.
After reading this you will hopefully be excited and enchanted by the idea of safe bleaching.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I ASK FOR LIGHTER HAIR?
Bleach is mixed with peroxide, Now a lot of stylists use the words; mixer, lightener, lifter, powder, pre-lightener etc. All of these terms are the same thing, BLEACH. Rest assured that it is not the same as the bleach in your kitchen.
In the correct caring hands bleach is a wonderful tool that can give your hair a brand new look and keep the condition, strength and integrity of your hair the same.
Once this mixture of bleach and peroxide is applied, your hair cuticles open up and pigment is stripped from the cortex: First the brown and black molecules, then the red and finally the yellow.
Finally we tone, which covers the unwanted natural warmth caused by your hairs melanin (often yellow) and add your desired colour.
WHAT ABOUT THE CONDITION OF MY HAIR?
A good stylist will always test your hair to see if it is in good enough condition to take bleach. Obviously if you are a regular client, your stylist should know the condition and what it can and can’t take. Stylists that are concerned with your condition will always be honest, and say no to over processing hair.
Safe bleaching can take longer but it’s worth it in the end when you have perfectly lifted hair in excellent condition.
Damage will always occur with bleach, no matter how slow or careful you are. You also get structure damage from the wind, the sun and even combing.
In recent years we have seen the release of ‘Plex’ products. Which have revolutionised bleaching, giving us extra protection whilst delivering your needs. These work by re-bonding your ‘Disulphide Bonds’ which other wise would be left broken after lifting. Disulphide bonds are integral to your hair strength and now we have the tools to protect them.
At Brannons we use the ‘Davines Century Of Light’ bleach range which contains its own re-bonding system (Plex). We favour this method as the ‘Plex’ is pre measured, meaning every formula contains constant protection. Click here to find out more about our ground breaking bleach products.
OKAY, WHAT IS THIS SAFE BLEACHING THEN?
At Brannons we use a process we call ‘Safe Bleaching.’
This consists of:
- Performing a detailed consultation and hair analysis with you.
- Taking it slow, we would rather use a lower strength peroxide, taking longer to lift but keeping damage to a minimum.
- Always using the best products on the market.
- Not being afraid to say no, or at least suggest a conditioning treatment and hair care for badly damaged hair.
- We use highly accurate techniques to ensure as little cross over of bleach, as that can damage hair.
- If we do have to cross over bleach due to previous work done or to change results we use the upmost of care and use our advanced conditioning products to do so.
- Trust is a two way street when it comes to Safe Bleaching. We will only do a radical lifting service if we know you will support us in our hair care and at home hair advice.
SOUNDS GREAT! HOW DO I BOOK IN WITH YOU?
If you are a new client we want to see you for a free Consultation. This is so we can assess your hair and give you a run down of what we will do and how we will do it.